Δευτέρα 27 Μαΐου 2019

Children of a Silk God


Looking at the mulberry tree in my garden, I was said it was the moment to search the silk worms. I had planned for this spring to have the experience of elevating some silk worms to follow their complete evolution.

 

I found what I was searching for at the Agricultural University of Athens, at the Sericulture section.


I learned from the people of the laboratory everything I had to know about the amazing society of the silk worms.


 The laboratory keeps an old equipment in an authentic environment,

  
museum pieces telling their silk stories 
 

 cocoons beautifully arranged in a natural palm tree bed


all kind of different cocoons


and also some adult moths.


The old machines are silently there to show you how the silk was formed from thread to yarn.

   
After exploring the amazing Sericulture section and its wonderful people I had as a present some of the miracle worms


 these hungry adorable creatures, the bombyx mori!

I have learned how to take care of them especially to feed them with mulberry leaves. 
I have enjoyed their peaceful community,
and day after day I have seen them changing in order to accomplish their
special mission Nature has charged them to live.
  

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: